Last Updated: June 12, 2022
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Websites and Services may collect Personal Information, including:
- Name and contact information, including email address, postal address, and phone number
- CVs, resumes, and other professional, educational, or employment-related information, when you choose to provide it to us
- Username and password, when you create an account with us
- Your performance on knowledge and skill tests, including your responses to test-related questions and surveys, if you are a job applicant using our Services
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
Providing the functionality of the Websites and facilitating our Services
- To provide the Websites and facilitate the provision of related Services, including customer service.
- To provide job applicant screening services to you, if you are a business customer, and to help you demonstrate your skills to employers, if you are an individual applicant.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests and transactions, such as when you contact us via one of our online contact forms, or request a demo or other information about our Services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized Services
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Websites and Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials
- To send you marketing related emails with information about our Services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, security, identity verification, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and Services, improving or modifying our Websites and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To our business customers, who use our screening services as one factor in evaluating which job applicants are best-suited for their hiring needs.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you, or others. We may use, disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a third party in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Websites and Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Your browser or device
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Websites and Services you are using. We use this information to ensure the Websites and Services function properly.
Pixel tags and other similar technologies
Pixel Tags - Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Websites and Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Websites and Services, as well as response rates.
Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies
- We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Websites and Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information”), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Websites or Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Websites and Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Choices and Access
If you have received marketing emails from us and you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by emailing us at Admin@serendipitools.com. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
If you no longer want to receive SMS/text messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by emailing us at Admin@serendipitools.com or by providing stop instructions to your carrier. We will never send you unsolicited SMS/text messages and will work with you to promptly rectify any issues you may experience relating to SMS/text messages.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Websites and Services.
Use of Websites by Underage Individuals
The Websites and Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
The Websites and Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.